GERIATRIC/ ELDERLY CARE
There are many conditions that affect people as they grow older and include but not limited to the following:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- hip and joint replacement
- balance disorders
- Mobility issues like difficulty in walking, climbing stairs, or getting in and out of bed etc…
At Apex Physiotherapy Clinic we specialize in providing therapy for such conditions in older adults. Dr. Apurva has completed a course in “ Management of Geriatric patient from ICU to Home care” from USA and is specialized in managing elderly patients and helping them alleviate pain, improve mobility and restore function.
At the first session in Apex Physiotherapy Clinic:
- The physiotherapist we will discuss the problems and its causes with the elderly patient.
- Then physiotherapist will do a physical examination to assess the patient’s flexibility, strength and range of movement and functional assessment to assess functional status i.e. independence with walking, climbing stairs, transfers from bed to chair, moving in and out of car etc…
- After which a plan of care tailored to the patient as an individual will be devised.
If travelling the distance upto the clinic is difficult for you as an elderly patient or for your elderly parent then no need to worry at all, request for a home visit and our Physiotherapist will take care of managing our elderly patient’s conditions at home.